Lotus root is said to have cooling properties.
Because of that, some may say that lotus root should be avoided by pregnant woman but that is not true!
They contain vitamin B, vitamin C, protein, iron and calcium to support healthy pregnancy.
Lotus roots can also help to relieve discomfort during early stages of pregnancy.
- 1 lotus root
- 100 g pork (You may substitute it with chicken meat or anchovies)
- 1 l water
- 2 dried squid (You may omit this if you don’t have any)
- 4 red dates
- 100 g peanuts
- Remove the skin of lotus roots and cut into slices.
- Optionally, blanch pork in boiling water with a few pieces of ginger before using.
- Add sliced lotus roots, dried squids, red dates (pitted), peanuts and pork into a pot of water. Bring to boil. Then, turn to lowest heat. Allow the soup to simmer for at least 1.5 to 2 hours. Serve hot.