Bitter gourd is known for its nutritional value.
For breastfeeding mom, bitter gourd can help increase milk supply while helping to reduce blood sugar level!
It is also high in vitamin C and B6 including minerals such as phosphorus and potassium.
Here’s a recipe that is simple and healthy for you to make and enjoy during pregnancy or after pregnancy.
- bitter gourd slices
- minced garlic
- salted radish (optional)
- chicken seasoning powder
- seasonings for eggs – light soy sauce, Chinese wine, sesame oil, and ground pepper
- In a heated wok with some oil, stir fry garlic and salted radish (optional) until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add bitter gourd slices and stir fry over high heat until they start to turn limp and soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken seasoning powder and some water and toss to mix well.
- Next, pour in the seasoned egg mixture.
- Allow the mixture to set just a little. Then, keep turning over the bitter gourd slices a couple of times to lightly scramble the eggs. When most of the eggs have almost set but are still moist, turn off the heat. Dish out and serve immediately.