In Chinese confinement tradition, it is important to keep the body warm.
Ginger, Rice wine, and sesame oil are believe to be food that provides heat.
Hence, why this dish is commonly served during the first two weeks of confinement.
Chicken is also a popular food for confinement as chicken provides a lot of protein for energy.
After delivery, your body would require energy to heal.
- 600g chicken
- 80g ginger
- 250ml of rice wine (you may substitute with white grape juice mix with a squeeze of lemon juice)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Wash chicken, chop small pieces, wash and slice ginger
2. Marinate the chicken pieces in rice wine for about ten minutes
3. After the pot is heated, add black sesame oil and saute the ginger slices, add chicken and a little warm water and fry until half cooked
4. Put the rice wine cover the ingredients
5. Turn to medium-low heat and simmer until the chicken pieces are tender, about 20 minutes, add salt and sugar to taste and serve.