Papaya and Fish Soup is a traditional Chinese dish usually serve during confinement period.
Both green papaya and fish are said to boost milk production.
So, it’s good for moms who are nursing their baby.
It is also really simple and quick to make, in case you don’t have much time to prep.
- 6 Cups water
- 200 gr white fish of your choice – Kurau/grouper, seabass, cod, sole is suitable for this cut into large pieces to prevent breaking while cooking
- 4-5 slices fresh ginger
- 5-6 red dates
- 1 small green papaya peeled, seeded, and cut into medium chunks
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients and bring the water back to boil and then lower the heat to let it simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Don’t stir the soup too much so the fish will not break into pieces.
- Remove from heat.
- Add goji berries and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and add few drops of sesame oil and serve immediately.