Got some leftover rice in the fridge?
Here’s a recipe that you can fix up right away.
Simply modify the ingredients based on the amount of rice you have available.
Mushroom is a good source of iron.
The amount of ingredients depends on the amount of rice you have.
- 3 cups of Cold rice
- 3 tablespoon of Oil, for frying
- 2 Onion (sliced thinly)
- 3 cloves of Garlic (sliced thinly)
- 4 Birdseye chili, sliced thinly
- 1 Chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1-2 tablespoon of Oyster sauce
- 3 Squid, sliced thick
- half a Carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon of White pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- half a small bowl of Long beans, chopped
- 1 small bowl of Oyster mushroom, shred
- Salt to taste
- Start by sautéing the onions, and garlic on medium heat in the pan or wok. Put in the chilis when the garlic are starting to yellow.
- Put in the chicken meat. After about 3 minutes of frying, put in the oyster sauce and white pepper. Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Put in the Squid, carrot, and long beans. Stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Make some space in pan or wok, then pour in the eggs and sprinkle some salt. Scrambled them as it cooks. Once, the eggs all loose and scrambled, stir the ingredients together.
- Put in the rice and mix it well for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkled some green onions or crispy fried shallots when serve.