Who loves sesame seeds? Raise your hands up!
Do you know that sesame seeds are high in copper?
Copper is an essential nutrient used in the production of red blood cells.
Copper is also used in pregnancy to support the baby’s development of tissues and organ systems.
So, if you’re always find yourself craving for a snack, maybe you can try making this!
Snack away without worry~
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 1/2 cup of rice starch
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of limewater
- Oil for frying
- Sesame seeds
- In a pot, boil the coconut milk with sugar and salt.
- Mix the rice starch and flour and limewater together.
- Then start adding the boiled coconut milk into the dry mixture bit by bit until it becomes a dough.
- Oil the palm of your hand and start rolling the dough into small marble-sized balls. You can make them even smaller if you want.
- Roll the balls onto the sesame seeds. At the same time, you can start heating up the oil for frying.
- Fry the sesame-coated balls until it’s slightly begin to golden.
- Drain the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Fill them in containers for easy snacking.
Here’s a visual guideline by IcookAsia: