Steamed Rice and Spice-marinated Fried Chicken is another popular local dish.
If you haven’t try it yet, you can try it now!
This is a protein-packed recipe, good for pregnant mommies to get that much needed energy.
- Pandan Leaves (Optional)
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut into pieces (Clean and coated with flour)
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 small red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 7 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds /ketumbar/ (roasted, and pounded)
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds /jintan manis/ (roasted, and pounded)
- 2 stalks of curry leaves (clean, destemmed)
- 1 tablespoon of chili paste
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder / 1/2 inch of fresh turmeric (pounded)
- 3 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium-sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (blended)
- 2 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 tablespoon of curry powder (add water, make into a paste)
- 1 stick of cinnamon bark
- 2 piece of cardamom
- 2 piece of star anise
- 1 tablespoon of chicken stock powder
- curry leaves
- half an inch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- salt and sugar to taste
- half a cup of tamarind juice
- 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut paste (kerisik)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 3 potatoes
- Chicken pieces (meat/chicken feet)
- 20 birdseyes chilies, chopped fine
- 10 red chilies, chopped fine
- 4-6 calamansi, juiced
- 2 inch of toasted belacan (shrimp paste)
- 2 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tomato, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste (mix with water)
- 1/4 cup of water
- Put rice half of small bowls or containers to steam.
- Put pandan leaves in the water for fragrance. (optional)
- Steamed rice for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Blend the ginger, onion, garlic, and lemongrass with a bit of water.
- In a big container, mix all the ingredients together, including the chicken. Leave it in the fridge for about an hour to marinate.
- After an hour, heat up the oil. Fry the chicken until brown and crispy on medium heat.
- Immediately after frying, placed the chicken on kitchen towels to absorb excess oil and keep the chicken and spice bits crispy.
- Fry the onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- When the aroma begins to fill the air, put in the chili paste, and curry paste. Stir until you see the oil rises.
- Put in the potatoes, coconut milk, water, and toasted coconut paste.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, put in the chicken stock, tamarind juice, salt and sugar.
- Blend roughly all the ingredients except for the calamansi.
- After blend, pour it into a container and squeeze the calamansi. You may sliced the calamansi peel for more flavour.