Craving for some comfort food?
Kacang pool is a delicious dipping dish that you can enjoy with your whole family.
Foul (pronounced Ful) bean and baked beans contents good amount of zinc that is good for pregnancy and baby development.
If you’re afraid of discomfort since beans are known to be gas-inducing foods, you can try checking out this recipe.
- 1 can of foul beans (foul medammas)
- 1 can of baked beans
- 200g minced beef or chicken
- 10 diced Onion, blend
- 4 cloves of garlic, blend
- 1 inch of ginger, blend
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon of meat curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander seeds / coriander powder
- 2 cup of water
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable fat (vanaspati ghee)
- Soft french bread/ white bread (sliced thick), cut, buttered, and toasted
- Fried Egg, fully cooked the yolk for pregnant mothers
- Onion, diced
- Chilies, chopped
- Fresh tomatoes, diced
- Calamansi, sliced
- Mix the blend ingredients with curry powder, and ground coriander seeds. Add a little bit of water if mixture is thick. Stir well until it becomes a paste-like texture. Then, put aside.
- Heat up the vegetable fat, and fry the paste mixture until fragrant. Use low heat and stir frequently.
- Put in the minced chicken into the pot. Stir well until chicken is cooked.
- Put in water. When it boils, put in the foul beans and baked beans. Stir well.
- Let it cook until it thickens. Add in salt and sugar to taste.
- After 3 minutes, check the consistency. The dish will thicken when cooled so in case you want it to be a little runny, add in a bit of hot water, and stir well before turning off the heat.
- To serve, fill a bowl with kacang pool and place the garnishes. Serve with toasted bread.
Original Recipe was taken from QaseyHoney