Here is a recipe you can try.
Sardine Bread Rolls are a childhood snack for a lot of us.
It’s simple to make, delicious, and budget-friendly.
Did you know that a can of sardines provides about 36% of the daily requirement for vitamin D?
- 1 Loaf of Bread
- 1 Can of Sardines
- 3-4 eggs (Whisked)
- 2 limes (Juiced)
- 1 Red Onion (Diced/Chopped)
- 4 Birdseye Chilies (Cili Padi/ Chopped)
- Breadcrumbs (Optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil (For frying)
- Flaked the sardines (sauce and all).
- Mix in the onions, chilies, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten a slice of bread.
- Scoop a spoonful of sardine and put it on one side of the bread.
- Roll the bread from the sardine end.
- Heat up the oil as you continue rolling all the slices of bread.
- Dip bread rolls into egg (and then breadcrumbs) and fry.
- Take it out of the frying pan when it turned golden brown.
Check out this video, Miss Azie shares a secret tip on how to keep the roll sealed.