Stuffed tofu puff once went viral in Malaysia.
While the virality has died down, it’s still popular among the locals.
It’s a simple snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day, or served at parties!
100g of fried tofu has about 60mg of magnesium which is good for pregnant mommies to regulate the body systems and it also have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- 8 Tofu puffs (Slit an X on top)
- 1 egg
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 boiled potato
- 80 g minced beef or chicken
- 3 shallots (fried)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 5 Birdseye Chili
- 1 clove of garlic (fried till golden)
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Lemon/lime juice
- Stir fry the minced beef or chicken for 5 minutes with little oil.
- In a bowl, mash the boiled potato and add the fried minced beef, fried shallots, spring onion, salt and white pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff the tofu puffs with the potato mix.
- Put egg in a bowl and whisk with fork.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Dip tofu in the egg before putting it in the oil.
- Cooked until golden.
- To make the sauce, put all of the dip ingredients into a blender and blend till fine.
- Serve the stuffed tofu puffs with the dip.