Carrot juice is boring. Spruce up your day with carrot milk!
Carrot milk is another popular drink in Malaysia. If you’re Malaysian and never tried it before, well, this recipe is for you.
Carrots and milk are high in Vitamin B6 that helps in red blood cell production and if you’re pregnant, it can help relieve the nausea.
- 2 medium to large carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups cold milk (feel free to use soy milk, nut milk, rice milk, oat milk etc to make it a vegan recipe)
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar, more or less (or other sweetener of your choice)
- ice cubes, to serve
- Peel the carrots, then chop it – if your blender isn’t super-powerful, finely slice the carrots – that should help ease things along.
- Thoroughly blend the chopped carrots together with water.
- Filter the blended carrot through a strainer to separate the pulp and obtain carrot juice, pressing to get the most out of it.
- Stir carrot juice and milk together, adding sugar to taste.
- Pop in a few ice cubes and serve.
*If you have a juicer, you can skip to step 4 after obtaining the carrot juice.