Cauliflowers are a good source of Thiamine or Vitamin B1 which helps with your baby’s placenta functions.
A cup of chopped cauliflowers provide about 5% of your daily requirement of Thiamine.
Enjoy this low calories comfort meal that takes only 30 minutes to prepare!
- 1 large head Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
- 6 tbsp Chicken Bacon bits (cooked, divided)
- 1/4 cup Green onions (chopped, divided)
- reheat the oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with butter. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a small 1.5 quart (1.4 L) casserole dish in a single layer. (Line the pan unless it’s glass or stoneware. If there’s too much cauliflower to fit in a single layer, roast on a larger baking sheet instead.) Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in the same bowl, whisk together the sour cream and heavy cream, until smooth. Stir in the minced garlic, half of the cheddar cheese, half of the bacon bits, and half of the green onions. If desired, season sauce with sea salt and black pepper. (Don’t oversalt – it will get more salty as the cheese melts later.)
- When the cauliflower is done roasting, take it out and leave the oven on. Add the cauliflower to the bowl and mix with the sauce.
- Return the cauliflower mixture to the casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bacon bits.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese melts. Top with remaining green onions.
Original recipe is taken from Wholesomeyum.com