Did you know that broccoli is high in Vitamin C?!
Broccoli, mustard spinach, brussels sprouts, and kale are some of the greens vegetables that are high in Vitamin C.
100g of Broccoli provides about 89mg of Vitamin C which is about 99% of your daily requirement.myfooddata.com
You may opt for different meat or change the meat to tofu if you are vegetarian.
- 250g beef tenderloin, flank steak or flap meat, cut into pieces
- 175g broccoli florets
- water, for boiling
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 5 cm of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Marinate the beef with all the ingredients for the Marinade, about 15 minutes.
- Bring the water to boil and add a few drops of oil. Blanch the broccoli florets in the hot water, about 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli immediately with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until 70% cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic. Transfer the beef into the wok or skillet and stir-fry until the beef is cooked through and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes. Add the broccoli and then the Sauce, stir to combine the ingredients well.
- As soon as the sauce thickens, dish out and serve immediately.
Original Recipe from Bee at RasaMalaysia.com